This is a rough placeholder page; see https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/1/topics/16428 for details.
- The library is compiled using the 12 recommended options, with the exception of SQLITE_USE_ALLOCA (since the DDE doesn't supply it).
- The library has only had limited testing. Everything I've tried has worked, but I haven't done anything extensive. This is an alpha release :)
- With that said, alpha 2 has so far generated files which are binary-identical to the official Mac version. That's a good sign!
- There is no support for extensions at present. I haven't yet investigated how feasible this will be.
- If you want to use a "sqliterc" file with the shell, put it in Choices:SQLite.
- Any databases you create will be given file type SQLiteDB (&A70), but you can open SQLite databases of any file type.
- The database file must be on a filing system that supports long filenames.
- If you get an abort on data transfer, try a bigger WimpSlot. I haven’t done any proper testing around practical minimums, but 2 MB seems to be sufficient for most purposes.
- If you issue a *Close command while a database is open then things will go haywire.
- The shell doesn't create a history file.
Alpha 5, based on SQLite 3.36
Requires RISC OS 3.1 or later and is Armv8-safe
Source to alpha 5